If you don’t want your business phone ringing at all times of the day, then schedules are the feature you’ll need to get some rest after a long day. With schedules, you can specify a specific set of hours that your phones will ring for, and have all calls outside of your business hours go directly to voicemail.
To add a schedule on your account, you’ll need to:
- Add a schedule to your account for business hours.
- Apply this schedule in your Call Handling Rules where you forward all of your calls.
Adding a Schedule
Keep in mind, you may need multiple schedules to accommodate your unique scheduling needs. This example will show a basic one schedule setup.
- Mouse over Configure and select Add a Schedule.
- Enter a unique name for your schedule in the Schedule Name: field.
- Select your Schedule Type.
- Set your schedule hours in the Hours section.
- Select your timezone in the Time Zone: section
- Select Save Changes.
Applying Your Schedule
Again, applying your schedule to your Call Handling Rules might differ slightly depending on your unique setup. In this guide we will be applying our schedule directly from our number settings.
- Mouse over Configure and select Manage Numbers.
- Select Edit for the phone number you want to apply your schedule to.
- Select Edit for Number Action.
- On the Call Handling Rules page, change All Calls to Received During and select your schedule in the drop-down box on the right.
- Change Select Operation to Forward Call and enter an extension or phone number in the white box.
- Select Add New Rule.
- Change the second Select Operation to Leave Voicemail.
- Select Save Rule Settings.
In the above example, during our business hours we are forwarding all calls to our specified phone number. Any calls that fall outside of those business hours follow the rule section #2, which sends calls directly to voicemail.
That’s it for today, see you next Monday for some more Phone.com knowledge!