Tired of listening to each and every voicemail? Phone.com offers a voicemail transcription feature which will transcribe your voicemails to text. We offer two forms of voicemail transcription:
- Human Assisted Transcription: The first minute of your voicemail message is transcribed by a human.
- Automated Transcription: Voicemails are transcribed to text via our automated computer system.
Voicemail transcription is activated on an extension-by-extension basis. Let’s walk through how to enable this feature.
Activating Voicemail Transcription
- Mouse over Configure and select Manage Users & Extensions.
- Select Edit for the extension you want to activate transcription on.
- Scroll down to the Voicemail section.
- Select the checkbox for Voicemail Transcription.
- Select either Human Assisted Transcriptions or Automated Transcriptions.
- Select Save Changes.
After saving your changes, voicemail transcription will now be activated for your chosen extension. You can replicate this process for all the extensions on your account that you want voicemail transcription for.
That’s it for today, see you next Monday for some more Phone.com knowledge!