Phone.com University – How to Set Up Your Voicemail
Every Phone.com account includes the ability to set up a digital voicemail system with a customized greeting. You can then have your voicemails emailed to you or sent as a text message. No more missing voicemails while you’re out on the road!
To set up your voicemail system, you’ll need to follow several steps:
- Add a voicemail greeting to your account.
- Attach your voicemail greeting to your extension.
- Forward your Phone.com number to your voicemail.
Let’s walk through each step now.
Adding a Voicemail Greeting
- Mouse over Configure and select Add a Greeting.
- Enter a Nickname for your greeting.
- Record your greeting with either the Text to Greeting, Record from Phone, or Upload New File option.
- Select Save Greeting.
Attaching Your Greeting to Your Extension
- Mouse over Configure and select Mange Users & Extensions.
- Select Edit for the extension you want to have voicemails left on.
- Scroll down to the Voicemail section.
- Select your voicemail greeting in the Standard Greeting field.
- Select Save Changes.
Forwarding Your Phone.com Number to Voicemail
This process might differ slightly depending on where you forward calls within your account. In this example, we’ll be forwarding directly to voicemail from our Phone.com number settings.
- Mouse over Configure and select Manage Numbers.
- Select Edit for your Phone.com number.
- Select Edit for Number Action.
- On the Call Handling Rules page, change Select Operation to Leave Voicemail.
- Select Save Rule Settings.
In the above example, we are forwarding calls directly to voicemail. If you want to forward to an outside line or extension first, you’ll need to create a Forward Call action before your Leave Voicemail action.
That’s it for today, see you next Monday for some more Phone.com knowledge!