Automated business greetings can be frustrating, but they don’t have to be. While all those number prompts serve a purpose for your company, it’s important to look at it from the perspective of your current and potential customers. Are you potentially losing new and recurring business because your automated greetings are so frustratingly long?
Here are three solid tips to win more customers with quality automated greetings:
- Keep it simple. How many prompts does your potential or current customer have to go through to get to a live representative? If it’s more than 2, then you’re probably losing business.
- Only say what needs to be said. Skip the 5 minute informational recording that someone has to listen to in order to chose an option. People are calling your automated greeting to speak with a live representative.
- Prioritize your options. Take some time to analyze what clients are calling in about most, and have those be some of the first options they hear. Why have customer service be option 9 when that’s what 90% of your customers call in for?
How Can I Learn More?
Want to learn more about creating quality greetings? Join us for our free 30 minute webinar on how to add greetings for your company menu, voicemail, or hold music.
- Learn how to add a greeting to your account with our various upload options
- Configure your greeting for use as custom hold music or voicemail
- Set up a menu system with a quality automated greeting