Sales Network & Support Engineer
Job Location: Newark, NJ
As a Sales Network & Support Engineer, your key role is to support the most sophisticated and lucrative customers at Phone.com, many of whom have sophisticated network setups. In addition you will help establish Phone.com as the industry standard for cloud-based communications and customer service.
- Diagnose, resolve, and document hardware and software network issues in a timely and accurate fashion, and provide end user training and support where required.
- Configure or help the customer configure a stable VoIP operation on their network. This includes configuring and optimizing all network hardware, software, and communication links, while ensuring minimal network downtime.
- Under general direction, assist in the planning, design and implementation of VoIP telecom networks and systems.
- Conduct feasibility studies for large VoIP deployments; makes recommendations on the selection of communications software and hardware.
- Collaborate with, train and assist our Tier1 customer service team in support-related matters.
- Read technical manuals and brochures on new products in order to recommend changes in telecommunication configurations to improve levels of service and reliability.
- Troubleshoot and identify advanced IP / VoIP/ SIP telecommunication issues by analyzing PCAP data.
- Monitor telecommunications equipment for alarm conditions.
- Provides ad-hoc and formal training for new phones and devices.
- Document and flowchart (using Power Point & Visio) processes, procedures and aspects of the VoIP infrastructure.
- Act as a liaison between our customer service and IT teams.
- Work hand in hand with the network team when it comes to routing and VOIP network architecture issues.
- Bonus: write blog posts, screencasts, how-to’s, tweets and Facebook regularly.
- A passion to help others and deliver awesome customer service both to customer and within the company
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- At least 5 years of post college IT Experience
- A natural born hacker with both business acumen and social abilities.
- Outgoing and social nerd/geek who is passionate about learning new technologies and telling others about their geek exploits.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills. You will blog about technical issues, new features, newsworthy applications and engage customers.
- Love to work in an entrepreneurial setting.
- Passion towards creative technical problem solving.
- Medical & Dental & Vision insurance.
- 401K & Stock Options.
- World class tools to make working remote easier.
- Excellent gear – PC, Apple or Linux, take your pick.
This position reports to the Director of Customer Service
Perl Software Developer
Job Location: San Diego, CA (Poway)
We are looking for web application developers who are interested in building great products and learning new technologies. We are not worried about the specific languages, databases or frameworks you know or don't know.
- Full time position
- Participate in the implementation of our telephony platform; front end and backend applications
- Ability to rapidly learn new technologies
- 3+ years of experience with Perl
- 3+ years of experience with backend web programming
- Comfortable with LAMP stack and mysql
- Experience with APIs, Web services and REST
- Experience SVN or Git
- You want to work in a collaborative environment
- You're fun to be around
- Experience with distributed technologies and SOA is a plus
- Experience with front-end development
- Experience with Agile/Scrum is a plus
- The opportunity to work with a wide range of cutting edge technologies in a dynamic environment
- Competitive salary, depending on experience
- Medical, dental & vision insurance
- Competitive paid-time-off (PTO) policy – paid vacations and holidays
- Free lunch on Fridays; free soda and coffee
- Awesome work environment; small company vibe where you will make a difference
- Free phone service and Phone.com swag!