Who we are
Phone.com is a growing venture backed cloud based phone service provider that serves over 30,000 small business customers. Phone.com is headquartered in Newark, NJ and has a large operation and development center in San Diego. We are looking for several software engineers who are ready to help take our award-winning Voice over Internet Protocol (VoIP) platform to new heights. If you’re passionate about building great products and services that deliver equally great customer experiences, Phone.com is the place for you! You’ll work with a rapidly growing team, & use latest technologies & tools in an atmosphere that challenges you every day but feels like home.
We’ve just started an initiative to rewrite all our code, moving away from a monolithic Perl app, to a serverless, event driven architecture, running on AWS Lambda, and in Python. We need 4 smart engineers to help us accelerate our transition, and build client features along the way.
- Build new features, communicate with clients and product for requirements
- Reverse engineer legacy code to port logic to new architecture
- Occasionally develop fixes or small features on legacy code (it’s Perl and PHP)
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field.
- 4+ Years Software Development Experience, or 2+ with Strong GPA.
- Python experience, or strong interest to learn it.
- Nice to Have: AWS experience, telecom background (e.g. SIP)
What We Offer:
- Competitive salary
- A rare opportunity to learn & work with leading-edge technologies.
- Fun & friendly work environment, where your voice matters and you make a difference!
- 100% paid medical & dental insurance. You don’t pay a dime out of your paycheck!
- Outstanding paid time off and paid holidays.
- Work from home on Fridays! We all do!
- Company-hosted weekly lunch, with free food and snacks other days of the week.
- Free phone service and lots of Phone.com swag!
- Opportunity to grow in a vibrant, venture backed company.
- We care about the personal and professional well-being and growth of each employee.
- Ability to have direct impact on the business and work with executives on key initiatives
- We emphasize AWESOME customer service throughout the organization, internally and externally!
- Staff-focused workplace, where fun and collaboration are emphasized. You’ll love our culture!
To apply for this job, e-mail your resume with salary expectations to email@example.com.