Sending SMS Text Messages
Your Phone.com service includes unlimited SMS text messaging to any U.S. local number. You can send and receive text messages from and to any of your Phone.com extensions.
This article covers how to send SMS text messages directly from your Phone.com account in your web browser, or from the Phone.com Mobile app installed on your iPhone.
Sending a Text Message from Your Account (Web Browser)
- Mouse over Configure and click Manage Users and Extensions.
- Click Edit for the extension from which you want to send a text message. Then click Send SMS, located on the left-hand menu on your screen.
Click the SMS button located in the top-right corner of your account settings:
Note: If you do not see a Send SMS option in either of these locations, check the outbound caller ID setting for your extension. Make sure that your outbound caller ID is not set to Private. After resetting your outbound caller ID, the Send SMSoption will appear in your extension settings. Also note that you cannot send or receive SMS messages using toll-free numbers.
- In the Send SMS window, enter the recipient’s phone number, including area code, type your text message, and click Go.
Your SMS message is sent and appears in your extension’s Inbox.
To view the message, mouse over Configure, click Manage Users and Extensions, and click View Message for the extension that you want to view.
Sending a Text Message from the Phone.com Mobile App for iPhone
- In the Phone.com Mobile app, installed on your iOS device, tap Send a message.
- Enter the recipient’s name or phone number, including area code. Note that the Phone.com Mobile app can access both your iOS contacts and your Phone.com Address Book.
- Enter your text message and tap Send.
Your SMS message is sent, and appears in your Inbox. To view the message, tap Home and Inbox to view.