Your Phone.com service includes the ability to send faxes. And faxing has never been easier. You can send and receive faxes right at your computer!
Sending a Fax
- Mouse over Configure and click Manage Users and Extensions.
- Click Edit for the extension from which you want to send the fax.
- Click Send a Fax on the left navigation bar.
- On the Send a Fax page, complete all the fields you need for your fax. Note the following:
- Fax Number: Must be a fax number, not a phone number.
- Memo: Limit your message to 1500 characters.
- Send a Confirmation Email: Enter your email address to receive a success or failure notice for your fax. This can help you understand why a fax is not being transmitted successfully.
- Add Attachments: Make sure your file type is supported and that your file is not too large. If your fax is longer than three pages, consider sending multiple faxes of two to three pages each. If your fax does not transmit because the image attached is too large, consider selecting a lower Fax Quality setting. Finally, make sure you are sending all pages using the same orientation—you cannot send a mix of portrait and landscape pages in the same transmission.
- Click Preview Fax.
- When you are ready to send your fax, click Send Fax.
If your fax does not transmit, check your email Inbox for a fax confirmation, which should detail any issues.