Recording Your Phone Calls
If you run a call center or need to record your phone calls for legal purposes, you can enable call recording on your Phone.com account.
As part of our premium features we offer call recording, at the following rates:
- 300 minutes – $4.95/month
- 1,000 minutes – $14.95/month
We also offer a free inbound-only call-recording option that you can activate manually on each call. Let’s walk through how to set up both the free and premium call-recording options.
Activating Free Call Recording on an Incoming Call
This service applies only to incoming calls on your Phone.com number. Once the call has started, press *7 on your phone to start recording the call. When the call is finished, you will find the recording listed in the call logs on your Phone.com account.
To view call logs, mouse over Call Info in your account settings, and click View/Search Call Logs. To review a recording, click the play button beside the log of the completed call. You can also download the recording as an MP3 file.
Activating Premium Call Recording
Our premium call-recording service is more flexible, allowing recording for both incoming and outgoing calls, as well as number-specific recording. To activate this feature, follow the steps below:
- Mouse over Configure and click Call Recording (bottom right).
- For Call Recording Status, select On and then select the call-recording plan that you want to use (300 minutes or 1000 minutes).
- For Call Recording Mode, select the mode you want to use (Incoming, Outgoing, All or Custom).
- For Call Recording Beep, select On if you want a beep tone to play every 15 seconds during your call to indicate that the call is being recorded.
- If you select either Incoming, Outgoing or All, there is nothing else for you to do. Click Save Changes and your calls will now be recorded and available in your call logs.
- If you select Custom, you must identify the phone numbers to be recorded. Mouse over Configure and click Manage Numbers.
- On the Manage Numbers page, you will notice a new Recording column. To enable recording for a number, check the box next to that number. Call recording is now enabled for that specific Phone.com number.
To check your call logs, mouse over Call Info in your account settings, and click View/Search Call Logs. To review the recording, click the play button beside the the log of the completed call. You can also download the recording as an MP3 file.
Call recording is now activated! Note that recordings are removed from your account after a 13-month period. If you need to save them after that time, we recommend saving them to your computer using the Download as .mp3 link on your call logs page.