You can set up voicemail on any of the extensions in your Phone.com account.
Setting up voicemail includes the following steps:
- Creating a voicemail greeting.
- Setting voicemail options on the main extension that you want to use for your Phone.com number. See Setting Up Voicemail on Your Extensions below to do this.
- Setting a call handling rule on your Phone.com number to forward unanswered calls to voicemail.
Setting Up Voicemail on Your Extensions
- After creating up your voicemail greeting, mouse over Configure and click Manage Users and Extensions.
- Click Edit for the extension that you want to edit.
- Scroll down to the Voicemail settings, and set options as follows:
- Make sure your voicemail status is set to On.
- Set your greetings:
- Standard Greeting: Select the greeting that you just created. This will be the main greeting that callers will hear when they are transferred to your voicemail.
- Alternate Greeting: You can also set an alternate greeting to switch to when you are on vacation or in a meeting. By having the alternate greeting pre-recorded and assigned, you can change your voicemail greeting on the fly.
- Recorded Name: Set this option to play a recording of your name instead of a greeting.
- “Leave a Message” Prompt: Check this field to play the following message after your greeting: Please leave your message after the tone. When finished, hang up or press the pound key.
- Password: Make a note of your voicemail password—you will need this password to access your voicemail messages by phone. Also, you can reset your voicemail password at any time by clicking Reset Password.
- Set voicemail notification settings if you want to be notified when there is a new message (Enable Message Waiting Indicator), or have your Phone.com voicemail messages forwarded to you by email or text message.
- Click Save Changes.
After setting these options, the final step is to set up a call handling rule to forward unanswered calls to your voicemail.
Once you’ve completed all of these steps, call your Phone.com number from another phone and leave a test message to make sure that your voicemail is set up and working as desired.
Viewing Your Voicemail Messages
- After setting up your voicemail, mouse over Configure and click Manage Users and Extensions.
- Click View Message for the extension on which your voicemail is set.
Your voicemail messages are listed in your Inbox. You can also have messages forwarded to you by email or text message (see Setting Up Voicemail on Your Extensions above).