This guide is designed for you, the entrepreneur! We bet your communication needs are as dynamic as your business. Below you’ll find a complete setup guide for your business phone system, including the following features:
- A desk phone to place and receive calls
- A mobile app to manage calls on the go
- A customized voicemail greeting for your business
- Schedules to forward calls during and after your business hours
- Sending and receiving faxes and SMS text messages
- Recording phone calls for client records
- A U.S. local area code number for your dedicated business line
Who Should Use This Guide?
All great businesses have small beginnings. As an entrepreneur, we assume you are either running a business on your own or you have just a couple of employees. If your business has grown beyond this, we suggest you use Getting Started for Small Businesses.
Setting Up Your Phone.com Account and Devices
The phone features listed in this guide are interdependent. We recommend following the setup steps in the order they are presented.
- Adding a United States Local Number
- Forwarding Calls to Your Phone.com Number
- Adding a Toll-free or Vanity Number
- Transferring Your Toll-free Number to Phone.com
- Ordering a New Phone or Adapter
- Bringing Your Own Phone to Phone.com
- Connecting Your IP Phone or ATA to Your Internet network
- Adding and Activating Your Voicemail Greeting
- Changing Your Voicemail Password
- Setting Up Email or SMS Notifications for Your Voicemails
- Checking Your Voicemail Messages
Congratulations! After following this guide, you’re ready to do business using Phone.com.