With schedules, you can specify the time period that your business phone will ring and have all calls outside of your business hours go directly to voicemail or another extension.
Adding a schedule on your account includes the following steps:
1. Adding a schedule that defines how calls are handled on various days and at various times.
2. Applying this schedule in your call handling rules. These are the settings that define routing actions for all of your calls.
Adding a Schedule
Keep in mind that you might need to add multiple Phone.com schedules to cover your daily or weekly work schedules. The steps below are for a single, basic schedule setup.
Start by logging into the Control Panel for advanced system configuration.
1. Mouse over Configure and click Add a Schedule.
2. Enter a unique name for your schedule. Example: Weekdays.
3. Select a schedule type (Daily, Weekday-Weekend or Custom). When selecting Weekday-Weekend or Custom, also select the days that you want to add to the schedule.
4. Use the slider bar to set start and end times for your business hours. For example, if you want your business number to ring through to your mobile phone, but you don’t want to receive those calls between 5:30 PM and 8:30 AM, you would set the slider to 8:30 AM on the left, and 5:30 PM on the right—that is, you are setting the time period that your business number should ring through to your mobile phone. You can use the arrow keys on the keyboard to adjust the sliders in five minutes increments.
5. You can also set exceptions for holidays or specific date ranges, and you can set a custom time zone (one other than your default zone).
6. Click Save Changes.
The schedule is added to your account.
Applying Your Schedule
Again, the steps for applying your schedule to call handling rules might differ slightly, depending on your setup. Below, we’ll show how to apply a schedule in your number settings.
1. Mouse over Configure and click Manage Numbers.
2. Click Edit for the number you want to apply your schedule to.
3. For Number Action, click Edit.
4. On the Call Handling Rules page, change All Calls to Received During and select your schedule from the drop-down menu on the right.
5. Change Select Operation to Forward Call and enter an extension or phone number. In the example discussed above, this would be your mobile extension. Set any other ring settings for the first forward action.
6. Then click Add New Rule, leaving the setting at All Calls.
7. Change the second Select Operation to Leave Voicemail and select an extension to receive the voicemail.
8. Click Save Rule Settings.
The schedule is applied to your phone number, and calls will be routed based on your schedule settings.