Menus are a great way to direct your callers to the department or person they want to speak to. Adding and activating a menu includes the following three steps: adding a menu greeting, adding the menu itself, and activating the menu.
This article discusses the final step—activating your menu by forwarding calls coming in to your phone number to the menu.
Activating Your Menu
Note: Before you can activate your menu, you must add a menu greeting and add the menu itself, setting up call forwarding options for each number selection.
- Mouse over Configure and click Manage Numbers.
- Select Edit for the phone number that you want to forward to your menu.
- For Number Action, click Edit.
- On the Call Handling Rules page, change Select Operation to Go to Menu, then select the menu you just created from the drop-down menu.
- Click Save Rule Settings.
Your menu setup is now complete! When callers reach your Phone.com number, they will hear your menu greeting and can choose the routing options that you added to your settings.