One picture I always enjoy seeing my friends and colleagues post is not the selfie but the “what’s in your work bag?” shot. LifeHacker has written numerous articles such as this on on this very topic. I am particularly interested to know what people regularly carry in their bags to work and on trips to see if I might be missing something important.
I personally prefer to keep my bag as light as possible when I’m in town and tend to carry a lot more stuff for travel. When I fly more than two hours, my staples include noise-canceling headphones and an eye covering (sleeping mask). When I travel internationally, I also throw in a TruPhone SIM card. I have to be able to place Phone.com calls after all!
In the STM Impulse backpack I take to work I generally carry the following items:
- iPhone 5s and Samsung Galaxy S4 both of which are from AT&T and unlocked
- iPad 3 (New) with the Apple flip cover
- Zagg bluetooth keyboard for the iPad
- 13 inch MacBook Pro
- Kingston MobileLite (my favorite new piece of gear)
- Novatel MiFi
- Steno note pad
- TYLT case/battery pack for iPhone 5s
- Mophie Helium iPhone 5s battery case
- A few pens including one that doubles as a stylus
- Mini Sharpie
- Breath mints
- Business cards
- Kingston USB stick and microSD card in a USB adapter (my SanDisk experience isn’t great)
- Eye drops
- Nano SIM adapter
- SIM card tray ejector
- Apple ear buds
- 30 pin iOS and microSD cables
Also for your viewing pleasure, here’s a picture of what Apple co-founder, Steve Wozniak carries in his backpack. Do keep in mind that some of this belongs to his wife.