Start getting calls on your Phone.com service—it’s as easy as adding an extension and connecting your phone number to that extension!
Adding an Extension
When you add an extension, you can choose to add a phone, softphone or virtual extension. If all you want to do is receive calls on your cell phone, then add a virtual extension.
Once you are in the settings for that new extension (Configure > Manage Users and Extensions), you can set voicemail and notification settings, as well as call handling rules to forward calls to your mobile phone. You may also want to add another action to that call handling rule for Leave Voicemail, selecting your extension.
Connecting Your Phone Number to Your Extension
Once you’ve set up an extension, you’ll need to connect your phone number to that extension.
- Mouse over Configure and click Manage Numbers.
- Click Edit for the number you want to connect.
- Click the Edit button next to the Number Action field.
- Click Add New Rule and then select Forward Call from the drop-down menu under Select how calls should be handled.
- Click the icon in the Forward calls to the following phone numbers or extensions field and select the extension you want to connect to your phone number.
- Click Save Rule Settings.
You are now ready to receive calls at your Phone.com number. Place a test call to your number from another phone to make sure you have set up your extension and number correctly.
Keep in mind that there are many options for setting up your Phone.com account. We recommend writing out exactly what you need your system to do and how you’d like calls to be directed. Once you have a plan, you can set up the greetings, extensions, menus, queues and other phone numbers that you need to set up.
We recommend starting with one of our Getting Started Guides, which walk you through setting up your Phone.com account settings.