Forwarding Your Calls to Voicemail
When someone calls your Phone.com number, your settings can route the call to voicemail if you are unable to answer it. You can define voicemail settings for each of the extensions set up in your account.
Note that to forward unanswered calls to voicemail, you will first need to create a voicemail greeting and activate that greeting on your extension. You can then set up a voicemail routing rule on your phone number.
Setting Up a Voicemail Routing Rule
- Mouse over Configure and click Manage Numbers.
- Click Edit for the number that you want to edit.
- Click Edit for Number Action.
- On the Call Handling Rules page, after the last rule set, add a new action by clicking Add Next Action.
- Set the action sequence you would like. For example, if you would like the call routed to your mobile phone and to ring for 20 seconds, and then go to voicemail, you would set one rule to forward the call to your mobile extension (Forward Call), and a second rule to send the call to voicemail (Leave Voicemail).
- Click Save Rule Settings.
You have set calls to route to voicemail. Test your settings by calling your Phone.com number and making sure that the routing is working.