What is the desktop app?
The desktop app, also sometimes called the “Communicator” or our “soft phone”, is our application that you can download, and it runs directly on your computer, just like your other applications. It doesn’t run in a browser.
The desktop app as a few advantages vs. our web app, read along!
What does it do more than My.Phone.com?
Here are things you can do with the desktop app that cannot be done in My.Phone.com (yet!):
- Easily find your Phone.com app: you can easily find the app by looking into your computer taskbar, or by using the quick app browse option. You will see there a Phone.com logo, that’s the desktop app!
- Transfer calls: with the desktop app you can transfer calls.
- Easily know how many unread items you have: by looking at the Badge on the task bar icon
That’s about it! Otherwise using My.Phone.com you can do everything else, and you don’t have to install any app.
What can I not do in the desktop app that I can do in My.Phone.com?
- You cannot access the Company Inbox: the company inbox is only available via My.Phone.com today. You can only access your own personal inbox using the desktop app.
- No Text messages on MacOs
2. How to login
To learn how to login to the desktop app, see the instructions in our help me login page.
3. Using the desktop app
You use the desktop app in a fashion very similar to how you use My.Phone.com today. See the My.Phone.com documentation here.
We will augment this documentation soon, stay tuned, and always feel free to reach our support team here for any other questions.