Phone.com University – How to Forward Your Number
Forwarding your Phone.com number is the first step you will want to take when first setting up your account. Your number can be forwarded to a variety of locations, including:
- Your cell phone or land line
- Your communicator soft phone
- Your business menu or voicemail
Regardless of where you forward your number, the actions you take will be similar for each process. In this tutorial, we will demonstrate a basic forwarding setup to an external number or extension.
Forwarding Your Number
- Mouse over Configure and select Manage Numbers.
- Select Edit for the number you want to forward.
- Select Edit for Number Action.
- Change Select Operation to Forward Call.
- Enter your desired number or extension in the white box.
- Select Save Rule Settings.
The above example will forward calls to your desired extension number or external number. Additional actions can be added with the Add Next Action selection.
For example, if you want your calls to go to your Phone.com voicemail after forwarding to an external number, you will add Leave Voicemail as your next action.
That’s it for today, see you next Monday for some more Phone.com knowledge!