Every Phone.com account includes the ability to set up a digital voicemail system with a customized greeting. You can then have your voicemails emailed to you or sent as a text message. No more missing voicemails while you’re out on the road!
To set up your voicemail system, you’ll need to follow several steps:
- Add a voicemail greeting to your account.
- Attach your voicemail greeting to your extension.
- Forward your Phone.com number to your voicemail.
Let’s walk through each step now.
Adding a Voicemail Greeting
- Mouse over Configurar and select Add a Greeting.
- Enter a Nickname for your greeting.
- Record your greeting with either the Text to Greeting, Record from Phone, or Upload New File option.
- Seleccionar Save Greeting.
Attaching Your Greeting to Your Extension
- Mouse over Configurar and select Mange Users & Extensions.
- Seleccionar Edit for the extension you want to have voicemails left on.
- Desplácese hasta la Mensaje de voz sección.
- Select your voicemail greeting in the Standard Greeting field.
- Seleccionar Save Changes.
Forwarding Your Phone.com Number to Voicemail
This process might differ slightly depending on where you forward calls within your account. In this example, we’ll be forwarding directly to voicemail from our Phone.com number settings.
- Mouse over Configurar and select Manage Numbers.
- Seleccionar Edit for your Phone.com number.
- Seleccionar Edit for Number Action.
- On the Call Handling Rules page, change Select Operation to Leave Voicemail.
- Seleccionar Save Rule Settings.
In the above example, we are forwarding calls directly to voicemail. If you want to forward to an outside line or extension first, you’ll need to create a Forward Call action before your Leave Voicemail action.
That’s it for today, see you next Monday for some more Phone.com knowledge!