Faxing has never been easier with Phone.com! Say goodbye to your fax machine and enjoy the convenience of sending and receiving faxes digitally from your computer.
Every Phone.com account includes the ability to send faxes without any additional charges. To receive faxes, you’ll need to add a dedicated phone number to your account that only receives faxes.
Sending a Fax
- Mouse over Configurar and select Manage Users & Extensions.
- Select Edit for the extension you want to send a fax from.
- Select Send a Fax on the left-side navigation bar.
You’ll now be on the send a fax page where you can upload your attachment, enter the number you want to send your fax to, and preview what your fax will look like.
Be sure to enter your email in the Send a confirmation email to: (Fig. 1) field as this will be your only confirmation that your fax sends successfully.
Receiving a Fax
First, you’ll need to add a new Phone.com number to your account.
- Mouse over Configurar and select Add a Number.
- Select the type of number you want to add – U.S. Local, Toll Free, or Global.
- Select the specific number you want to add.
Once your number is added, you will then need to configure it to receive faxes.
- Mouse over Configurar and select Manage Numbers.
- Select Edit for your fax number.
- Select Edit for the Number Action field.
- On the call handling rules page, change Select Operation to Receive Fax (Fig. 1).
- Select the extension number you want to receive faxes at (Fig 2).
- Select Save Rule Settings.
Now that your number is configured, all faxes that you receive will be delivered to the extension inbox that you specified.
That’s it for today, see you next Monday for some more Phone.com knowledge!