If you like clean, intuitive navigation and have a keen sense of user experience design, then we want to meet you!
Position: WordPress Developer / Designer
Location: Newark, NJ
Job Type: Full-time, permanent
Salary: Commensurate with experience
Experience Level: 2+ years
The candidate selected will work in a locally and nationally respected organization in a dynamic industry. Continuous learning opportunities for enhancing skills and professional growth. Competitive salaries and substantial benefit options help foster a stable professional environment.
Live and work in a destination community. Essex County and Downtown Newark provide a unique combination of desirable and affordable lifestyle options. Outdoor recreational opportunities abound. Nationally recognized landmarks such as Liberty State Park and a growing university provide a wide range of cultural amenities.
We are looking for energetic, detailed WordPress Developer / Designer with an eye for design to help do the following:
- Develop WordPress and WooCommerce websites
- Maintain and optimize current websites
- Ensure functionality across browsers, operating systems, and devices
- Develop A/B and multivariate test webpages, forms, email campaigns, etc.
- Review site analytics to optimize sites for lead generation
- Implement tracking and testing of sites
- Monitor and troubleshoot security issues, plugin issues, and theme conflicts
- If you have the following skills, we’re interested in working with you:
- WordPress and web standards-based development
- Ability to handle multiple projects and meet deadlines
- Ability to manage the design and development of each assigned project, and perform tests on multiple platforms
- Attention to detail and an eye for design
- Systematic approach to development, testing and troubleshooting
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Proven success in website development and maintenance
- In-depth knowledge of WordPress, themes and plugins
- Working knowledge of WooCommerce and ancillary extensions and plugins
- UI/UX Graphic and responsive design skills
- Knowledge of Salesforce a major plus
- Knowledge of API integrations, including commerce and marketing tools, as needed
- A passion to stay current on: web development best practices; CMS framework and design; development standards and changing technologies.