- Reports to: Customer Service Manager/Director
- Department: Customer Retention
- Status: FT, Non-Exempt
- Location: Poway, CA
- Travel: This position does not require travel
- Supervisory duties: This position supervises 5+ retention team members
Contribution & Purpose
As part of the Customer Retention team you will help prevent churn. You will create a robust relationship with the customer to determine if there is a service issue to resolve or process payment for accounts behind on payments. Either way, you will be on the frontline of protecting against customer turnover by proactively reaching out to current customers to turn any dissatisfaction into a positive experience and paid account. Your work will be highly measurable with weekly key performance indicators (K.P.I.) to include: Total number of calls, Total number of accounts contacted, total number of accounts retained, total dollar amount collected, retention success rate, and other metrics.
- Reporting: Ensures daily/weekly/month reports are provided to management.
- Projects: Acts as company point of contact for retention/collections issues & supports special projects as assigned.
- Management: Partners with H.R. team and service manager to hire, train, and coach, team member performance.
- Escalations: Handles escalated billing issues including account research, investigation, and resolution.
- Training/ Mentoring: Ensure adequate training is rolled out to staff. Mentoring and staff development to improve the talent base of teams.
Day to Day Functions
- Manage a team of 5+ to reach retention monthly quota
- Works independently to complete outbound calling to customers with past due account balances to resolve service issues and/or request full payment of account.
- Meets assigned goals for daily calling and collections.
- Uses tact in overcoming objections to obtain payment.
- Assist customers in setting up their account and insuring they fully understand how Phone.com services, features and pricing work and set up new accounts if needed.
- Provide support to all Phone.com departments with customer retention issues or discrepancies.
- Update customer call spreadsheets daily/weekly to provide reports to management.
- Manage day to day activities of teams. Manage staff performance based on data.
- Assisting Executive and Sales teams with special requests.
- Monitor, track and follow through with multiple open account retention efforts.
- Additional duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred or equivalent
- Experience with salesforce.com, Five9 and/or LiveChat, Drift
- Ticketing software experience a plus, such as JIRA
- 1+ years experience in billing or collections
- 3+ years’ experience in customer service, preferably in a call center
- Supervisory experience preferred
- Excellent written and oral communication, and ability to create email correspondence
- Ability to manage a high volume of data entry accurately
- Typing speed of at least 40 WPM
- Experience with Google Suite & Google Drive
Email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
To apply for this job, e-mail your resume with salary expectations to firstname.lastname@example.org.