The Retention/Billing Manager coordinates billing functions and perform a variety of tasks, such as issuing invoices, handling payments…
Location: Poway, CA
Job Type: Full-time, permanent
Reports to: Customer Service Manager/Director
Salary: $55,000.00 to $70,000.00 /year
Experience Level: 3+ years
The candidate selected will work in a locally and nationally respected organization in a dynamic industry. Continuous learning opportunities for enhancing skills and professional growth. Phone.com processes and technology implementations serve as benchmarks in the industry. Competitive salaries and substantial benefit options help foster a stable professional environment.
Located in northeast San Diego County, Poway is known as “The City in the Country” and prides itself on the fact that over half of the city’s 39.4 square-mile area is preserved as dedicated open space. The community offers a diverse range of housing options, an outstanding school district, a thriving business park with over 19,000 jobs, a broad range of dining and shopping opportunities, beautiful parks, over 55 miles of trails, numerous community events throughout the year and more. Poway is a great place to live, work, and play!
Phone.com is a premier cloud communications and business phone service offering a flexible, cost-effective platform and award-winning U.S.-based customer support to customers across North America. Phone.com has been recognized by the Inc. 500|5000 as well as Technology Fast 500 for fastest growing private companies. Our innovative business VoIP solutions include intelligent call forwarding, virtual phone numbers, audio and video conferencing, iOS & Android apps, and more.
- Reporting: Ensures daily/weekly/month reports are provided to management.
- Projects: Acts as company point of contact for retention/collections issues & supports special projects as assigned.
- Management: Partners with H.R. team and service manager to hire, train, and coach, team member performance.
- Escalations: Handles escalated billing issues including account research, investigation, and resolution.
- Training/ Mentoring: Ensure adequate training is rolled out to staff. Mentoring and staff development to improve the talent base of teams.
Day to Day Functions
- Manage a team of 5+ to reach retention monthly quota
- Works independently to complete outbound calling to customers with past due account balances to resolve service issues and/or request full payment of account.
- Meets assigned goals for daily calling and collections.
- Uses tact in overcoming objections to obtain payment.
- Assist customers in setting up their account and insuring they fully understand how Phone.com services, features and pricing work and set up new accounts if needed.
- Provide support to all Phone.com departments with customer retention issues or discrepancies.
- Update customer call spreadsheets daily/weekly to provide reports to management.
- Manage day to day activities of teams. Manage staff performance based on data.
- Assisting Executive and Sales teams with special requests.
- Monitor, track and follow through with multiple open account retention efforts.
- Additional duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred or equivalent
- Experience with Salesforce.com, Five9 and/or Drift
- Ticketing software experience a plus, such as JIRA
- 1+ years experience in billing or collections
- 3+ years’ experience in customer service, preferably in a call center
- Supervisory experience preferred
- Excellent written and oral communication, and ability to create email correspondence
- Ability to manage a high volume of data entry accurately
- Typing speed of at least 40 WPM
- Experience with Excel spreadsheets, Google docs, shared docs, etc.