Network Solutions Engineer (tier 3 support)
Contribution & Purpose
We’re looking for someone who possesses both a passion for technology and for awesome customer service to join our team and take our award-winning customer service to new heights. You’ll work on a team of three responsible for addressing and serving the technology needs for both internal and external customers. You will manage our more challenge issues with ensuring customers have the right ability and quality of access to our phone service by investigating packet captures, managing service tickets, and directly working with our small business customers.
Essential Duties-What you get to do
- Diagnose, resolve, and document hardware and software network issues in a timely and accurate fashion, and provide end user training and support where required.
- Troubleshoot and identify advanced IP / VoIP / SIP / RTP telecommunication issues by analyzing PCAP data, MySQL database info, server-side logs, and output from command-line network troubleshooting utilities.
- Configure or help the customer configure a stable VoIP operation on the customer’s network. This includes configuring and optimizing all network hardware, software, and communication links, while ensuring minimal network downtime.
- Research RFCs, technical manuals, and brochures on products in order to recommend changes in telecommunication configurations to improve levels of service and reliability.
- Deliver awesome customer service via video, phone, email, chat and occasionally in person for larger deployments.
- Support training efforts for tier 1/tier 2 employees, as requested.
Key Qualifications – What you bring
- Experience with reading Packet Capture or “Pcaps” (e.g. using Wireshark)
- At minimum a basic knowledge of routing and switching concepts
- At minimum basic knowledge of Linux commands
- At minimum basic experience with writing SQL queries and dealing with databases
- The ability to analyze, troubleshoot, and resolve complex VoIP issues
- Programming skills with a scripting language (i.e. – shell scripting, perl, python, etc)
- Knowledge regarding FreeSWITCH, Asterisk, and/or Session Border Controllers
- Any network engineering certifications (i.e. – CCNA, Network+, Security+, etc)
- Opportunity to work for a vibrant, growing company and learn about the VoIP industry.
- We care about the personal and professional well-being and growth of each employee.
- We emphasize AWESOME customer service throughout the organization, internally and externally!
- Staff-focused workplace, where fun & collaboration are emphasized. You’ll love our culture!
What we Offer
- An opportunity to learn and work with leading-edge technologies in a dynamic, growing environment.
- A fun & friendly work environment, where your voice matters & you make a difference!
- 100% paid medical and dental insurance. You don’t pay a dime out of your paycheck!
- Paid vacation and sick time
- Your fuel of choice: Coffee, soda, carbonated water? Our fridges are stocked.
- Company-hosted Friday lunch, with free food and snacks other days of the week.
- Free phone service and lots of Phone.com swag!
To apply for this job, e-mail your resume with salary expectations to firstname.lastname@example.org.