IT Systems Specialist
Who we are
Phone.com is a growing venture backed cloud based phone service provider that serves over 30,000 small business customers. Phone.com is headquartered in Newark, NJ and has a large operation and development center in San Diego. We are looking for several software engineers who are ready to help take our award-winning Voice over Internet Protocol (VoIP) platform to new heights. If you’re passionate about building great products and services that deliver equally great customer experiences, Phone.com is the place for you! You’ll work with a rapidly growing team, & use latest technologies & tools in an atmosphere that challenges you every day but feels like home.
- Reports to: Network Solutions Manager
- Department: IT
- Status: Full-time exempt
- Location: Newark, NJ
- Travel: Occasional travel to Poway, CA office as needed
- Supervisory duties: This position has no supervisory responsibilities
Contribution & Purpose
We’re looking for the right candidate who is interested in a unique opportunity to join a new internal IT team. You would get to be a key go-to resource for application support throughout the company. Your responsibilities would also include creating, training, and enforcing security policies throughout the organization. This role and department is expected to grow over time and a high performer’s career would grow with it.
Essential Duties-What you get to do
- Provide technical support for internal applications (i.e. – G Suite, JIRA, Salesforce, etc.)
- Manage access/permissions of many internal systems used across the entire company
- Design, develop, and implement corporate security policies along with management
- Deliver training to various teams as needed pertaining to application use and security policies
- Assist with employee onboarding/offboarding in terms of necessary setup and configuration
- Track all physical assets (i.e. – computers and other company-purchased equipment)
Key Qualifications-What you bring
- 5+ years experience in an IT/helpdesk role
- Strong communication and customer service skills
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize with a strong business acumen and customer centric focus
- Ability to communicate effectively in a proactive manner at all levels of the organization
- Experience configuring and using Mac as well as Windows computers
- Experience with administration of G Suite apps
- Provides assistance with Gmail company calendar planning
- Administration/user experience with Slack
- Administration/user experience with JIRA and Confluence
- Knowledge of security concepts, standards, and processes
- Hands-on experience with computer networks, network administration, and network installation
- Ability to quickly become an expert in administration and support of any system used internally
- CompTIA A+ Certification
- Network+ Certification
What We Offer:
- Competitive salary
- A rare opportunity to learn & work with leading-edge technologies.
- Fun & friendly work environment, where your voice matters and you make a difference!
- 100% paid medical & dental insurance. You don’t pay a dime out of your paycheck!
- Outstanding paid time off and paid holidays.
- Work from home on Fridays! We all do!
- Company-hosted weekly lunch, with free food and snacks other days of the week.
- Free phone service and lots of Phone.com swag!
- Opportunity to grow in a vibrant, venture backed company.
- We care about the personal and professional well-being and growth of each employee.
- Ability to have direct impact on the business and work with executives on key initiatives
- We emphasize AWESOME customer service throughout the organization, internally and externally!
- Staff-focused workplace, where fun and collaboration are emphasized. You’ll love our culture!
To apply for this job, e-mail your resume with salary expectations to email@example.com.