Phone.com University – Free Trial Overview/Adding A Number
Welcome to your Phone.com free trial! In this guide it’s my desire to give you a very brief overview of what’s possible in this trial, as well as how to add a new number. I sincerely hope you enjoy our free trial, as it is valuable opportunity to learn how our service works. At Phone.com we offer over 40 advanced calling features and have meshed that robust offering with an easy to use interface. With over 40+ features, there’s something in here for everyone!
First of all, I want to highlight a few key features that are available in the free trial and others that are only available on paid accounts.
What to expect in the free trial:
- 300 minutes or 30 days, whichever comes first
- Access to most of our 40+ calling features
- Bring your own phone device configuration (this only includes IP phones, not ATAs)
- Communicator extensions for placing calls through your computer (Mac & Windows)
- Mobile extensions for iPhone and Android
- Toll-free and local phone numbers
What you’ll need to have a paid account for:
- International calling
- Purchasing devices directly from us
- Transferring your existing number to Phone.com
- Unlimited minute users
Now that we’re on the same page, let’s jump on into adding a new number to your account!
1. For starters, if this is the first time you’ve created your free trial, then you’ll likely see this page. This is the setup guide that everyone sees in the free trial. Feel free to explore it.
Please Note: If you get to the checkout page (step 5 in the setup), be advised that you do NOT have to perform the checkout process if you are just starting your trial. This is simply the page that you will go to when your free trial has ended and you want to sign up for a paid account. You can get back to his page at any time by clicking the orange “Checkout Now” button at the top right corner of your screen.
2. Moving along! In order to add a new number to your account, you’ll first want to hover your mouse over “Configure (1)” at the top of page, and then in the drop-down menu select “Add A Number (2)” on the far left.
3. This will get you to the number selection screen. From here, choose the number you want to add. We’ll go ahead and choose “Add U.S. Local” on the left for the sake of demonstration.
4. Next up is the search criteria, which in this scenario you can either search by “area code” or “state.” Please keep in mind if you choose to add a “global” or “toll free number,” your screen will differ slightly in selection options. Since I’m located in our Poway office, we’ll go ahead and choose 858 for the area code.
5. Depending on the area code you selected, you’ll be prompted with a list of potential cities within your area code and the amount of numbers available next to each. Go ahead and select the city nearest to you. In this scenario we’ll choose “Rancho Bernardo.”
6. Once you find a number that you like, go ahead and select the check-box next to it, and then scroll down to the very bottom of the page and click “add selected.”
That’s it! You’ll now be directed to your “Manage Numbers” page. We’ll save that for next week’s lesson on learning how to forward your phone number and start receiving some calls!