3 Tips to Stop Spam Callers from Wasting Your Phone.com Minutes
We’re all familiar with that phone call, where you answer and no one is there, or you get some generic recording that certainly isn’t a live human. We aren’t sure why people take the time to place spam calls, but Phone.com has you covered with 3 solid tips to stop these calls from ever wasting your minutes again.
- Block the caller’s number. If the spam caller keeps using the same caller ID, you can simply add the number to your account’s spam caller block list.
- Block all anonymous calls. Those more advanced spam callers will probably use an anonymous caller ID. You can block all anonymous calls directly from your number settings.
- Configure your menu to disconnect spam callers. If you are a business with a menu, then most spam callers take advantage of your menu system by idling without making a number selection. Configure your No Input menu option to disconnect spam callers.
These are just a few of the great strategies we’d like to share with you to stop spam callers from wasting your valuable minutes.
How Can I Learn More?
Join us for a free 30 minute webinar where we’ll teach you how to configure your Phone.com account to stop spam callers dead in their tracks.
- Learn how to add a spam caller’s number to your blocked caller ID list.
- Learn how to configure your number settings to block anonymous, international, or pay phone calls.
- Learn how to optimize your menu settings to disconnect idle spam callers.