3 Strategies for Keeping Your Phone.com Numbers Organized and Efficient
If you’re like many small businesses, you probably have multiple Phone.com numbers on your account to reach multiple areas. I’ve seen some accounts with as many as 200 phone numbers, and needless to say keeping all of these numbers organized can be overwhelming without these 3 solid strategies:
- Add a nickname to every number. Instead of having to find a phone number by its digits, you can add a unique character-based nickname to every Phone.com number. If you have numbers in multiple cities, you might find it useful to add the city name as the nickname for each number so you can quickly scan your number list.
- Make sure you have the same caller ID name set for each number. You’ll want your business name to display the same regardless of what area code you are calling. Make sure that each U.S. local number on your account has the same caller ID for a uniform business presentation on all of your calls.
- Decide where you will forward your numbers from. You can forward your calls directly from your Phone.com number, or from an extension. Stick to one and forward all of your phone numbers the same way. Otherwise, you’ll find yourself looking in multiple locations on your account to change the forwarding for each of your numbers.
Want to Learn More?
View the recorded version of this webinar.
- Learn how to add the numbers you need for your business, including global, local, toll-free, and vanity numbers.
- Keep your numbers organized by managing your number listing and deleting unused numbers.
- Learn how to forward your numbers to cell phones, voicemail, or extensions.