API Developer Evangelist
Job Location: NJ
- Phone.com is a 21st century cloud-based phone service provider with tools that empower developers to build voice and SMS applications which leverage Phone.com's Hosted PBX offering and communications platform.
- We serve 100,000+ end-points to small businesses, start-ups and incubators.
- We have been growing year over year and in 2012 Phone.com was recognized as an INC500 company.
- We are well funded and have a great team.
- Phone.com is headquartered in New Jersey with offices in San Diego and New York City.
Imagine a career where you can support and inspire developers to build & launch innovative application every day. This position is for a social developer with strong written, presentation and communication skills. As a Developer Evangelist, you are the "Voice of the Developer", ensuring developer-facing services (APIs, SDKs, documentation, etc) are truly meeting developer needs. You will play a key role in establishing Phone.com's API as a technical standard for cloud-based communications. As such, your responsibilities will be to:
- Motivate and empower developers in the Phone.com community to build remarkable applications.
- Connect with developers at various events including meetups, hackathons, conferences and other technology events around the US - engagements can range from general networking, formal presentations, Q&A, and product demo's.
- Write sample code & apps as part of showcasing the many possibilities of our API platform.
- Create content including how-to's, blog posts, screencasts and participate in community discussions that will educate developers about our API. These, amongst other social media tools like Twitter & Facebook, will all be part of the toolkit used to build developer engagement around Phone.com's API and cloud services.
- Engage and support developers in the API Support Community, via email, social networks and in person.
- Collect customer feedback to assist Engineering, Product, Marketing, and Sales teams in identifying customer needs and to refine our products and policies to meet those needs.
- At least 2 years of post- college programming experience
- You are an experienced software developer, bringing strong and well-rounded coding skills in a wide range of web technologies including REST, JSON, PHP, XML, etc.
- You've built applications using web APIs.
- You're a natural born hacker with a flair for being social and outgoing.
- You have strong networking and follow-up skills.
- You're passionate about learning new technologies and enjoy helping developers build their own applications.
- You're a polished presenter with fantastic writing skills. You maintain written content including documentation and blogs about technical topics, new features, tutorials, and newsworthy applications.
- Proven ability in building a community around something you were passionate about.
- You're a self starter, with an entrepreneurial spirit, willing to travel solo as needed, and comfortable working evening and weekend events.
Nice to have:
- Already an active participant in NYC area meetups and technology events.
- You've participated in a Hackathon.
- You've worked in a startup environment as a web developer or technology evangelist.
- Exposure to a wide variety of programming languages, including Python, Ruby, Java.
- Love to work in an entrepreneurial setting.
- Strong developer oriented public speaking and presentation skills.
- Passion towards creative technical problem solving.
- Active participant in open source communities including code contributions.
- Medical, dental & vision insurance.
- Company-provided smart phone & IP phone with as-needed data access.
- Metro card and paid travel as needed.
- Remote work gear including PC, Apple, or Linux laptop. We'll hook you up!
Job Location: San Diego, CA (Poway)
We are looking for web application developers who are interested in building great products and learning new technologies. We are not worried about the specific languages, databases or frameworks you know or don't know.
- An opportunity to work with a great team in a casual environment
- The opportunity to work with a wide range of cutting edge technologies - LAMP, VoIP, REST APIs, Cloud PaAS
- A small but stable company where you will have an impact
- A VC funded and growing company
- Competitive compensation
- Participate in the implementation of our telephony platform. front end and backend applications
- You will participate in all phases of the development lifecycle - from design to coding to testing
- Strong knowledge of Linux/Unix and open-source tools
- Experience with server-side and client-side web development
- You want to work in a collaborative environment
- You're fun to be around
- Experience with distributed technologies and SOA is a plus
- Experience with Agile/Scrum is a plus