Use Phone.com Mobile Office to:
- Listen to and manage your voicemail.
- View received faxes.
- Show your extension's call logs (calls history).
- Block calls from unwanted or unidentified numbers.
- Make calls from your virtual office phone number (the party you call will see your Phone.com number Caller ID and NOT your cell phone number).
- Send and receive SMS.
- Quickly connect to your conference bridge.
Note: You will need an account with Phone.com in order to use this app.
Logging In to Your Phone.com Mobile Office App
Once the app is downloaded, you log in simply by entering your:
- Phone.com phone number,
- Virtual Office Extension number (use 500 if you have Virtual Office or Home Phone accounts) and
- PIN (your extension voicemail password).
If you haven't used this phone before with Phone.com Mobile Office, we will automate a call to your phone and ask that you enter a security code. You will only have to do this once.
Viewing Your Inbox
Your inbox contains all of your incoming voicemails and faxes, just like on the web. Click a voicemail or fax to listen to the voicemail, view the fax, or to return the call.
You can also delete a message, download it to a separate file, or block that number.
Access your phone's built-in address book conveniently from the Phone.com Mobile Office app.
This function lets you set the following two basic features:
- Set your mobile phone so that ALL your outbound calls will be attempted to be completed using your Phone.com Mobile Office dialer. This means the caller ID shown to the party you are trying to call will be that of your Phone.com's number.
- Set the Caller ID your party will see: if you have more than one phone.com number in your account you can choose which one to show when you make a call (you can change this between each call)
The call logs display all incoming and outgoing calls, voicemails, and faxes for your extension (similar to the web version of your control panel).
Tap-and-hold a specific call line in the log to block the caller, add him or her to your address book or to return the call.
Place a Call
Perhaps the most exciting feature of the Phone.com Mobile Office is that it gives you the ability to place calls using your Phone.com phone number. You have the following options for placing an outbound call:
- Click your phone's physical "call" button (the green button) and choose Phone.com
- Click "place a call" from the Phone.com Mobile Office app
- If you choose to, the Phone.com Mobile Office app can intercept all outgoing calls and redirect them through your Phone.com account. Just check the “outgoing calls” checkbox from the settings menu.
If you have more than one Phone.com phone number, you can change it from the app's settings menu, or you can change it on a call-by-call basis by tapping-and-holding the call button from the Phone.com dial-pad.
Send a Message (SMS)
(Limited availability now). You can enter a text message and send out to any mobile number just like you would from the regular chat / SMS function on your phone. However, the caller ID shown to the selected party would be your chosen Phone.com phone number and NOT the cell phone number.
You may also view the chat history from your inbox.
If you transfer your number to Phone.com it may take a few days before you will be able to receive SMS on this number.
Use of Mobile Minutes
Please note that the Phone.com Mobile Office app DOES use your mobile minutes in order to place each call.
Your Phone.com minutes will also be used based on the Phone.com plan you have.
Here are some videos that can help you with the Mobile Office app.