Every Phone.com account includes the ability to send a digital fax. Say goodbye to your fax machine!
How to Send a Fax
You can send a fax through any extension on your account. To begin this process:
- Mouse over Configure at the top of your account page and select Manage Users & Extensions.
- Select Edit next to the extension from which you want to send a fax.
- Select Send a Fax on the left-side navigation bar within the extension settings.
You are now on the Send a Fax page. To create your fax:
- In the Fax Number field (1) enter the fax number to which you want to send a document.
- Enter cover page information (optional).
- In the Send a confirmation email to field (2) enter your email address to receive a successful delivery confirmation.
- Select Choose File (3) to upload the document you want to send.
- Select Preview Fax (4) to provide a preview of how your fax will look to your recipient.
- Select Send Fax to fax your document.
Once your document has been sent successfully, you will get a delivery confirmation email. This is the only record you will have of your fax being sent successfully. Save this email if you need it for your records.
That’s all it takes to send a fax! See you next Monday for some more Phone.com knowledge.
Phone.com Mobile Office is one of those applications that, until you’ve actually see it in action, you have no idea how much you can use it. Here are just a few of the things we love about Mobile Office.
• Faxes! It’s hard to believe anyone uses this dinosaur-style technology in a world of email, but lots of businesses still do, and if you’re not standing by a fax machine, it’s still possible to get the information you need thanks to Mobile Office. You can view received faxes right from your phone, and that alone is essential to most businesses today.
• Voicemail management is king. Sure, it may have been possible to listen to your voicemail in the past when you were mobile, but to actually manage it from your control panel like you can when you’re standing next to your phone is an amazing feature. What’s more, though, is that when you combine it with the transcription services, you can read and respond to your voicemails, and for many, the time saving feature there is amazing.
• Call blocking is a must when you’re mobile. It’s just not possible to handle every potential client or sales person as you’re working from a mobile perspective, but thanks to call blocking, you can take a look at what’s really important. When you combine that with the potential to review call logs and see who’s ringing in most frequently, you have a winning combination.
Mobile Office is increasingly incorporating features many small business owners love and enjoy, and as the technology and need to access it from a mobile device continues to change, you can bet that apps like this will stay on top of it.
To learn more about Phone.com Mobile Office click here.