In the book Remote, Jason Fried and David Heinemeier Hansson, founders of 37signals, present a compelling argument for allowing employees to work from home. At the core of the discussion is giving your employees the flexibility to work wherever they feel is best.
That could be home or a cabin in the mountains, or possibly at one coffee shop in the morning and another in the evening. Does it really matter where they work as long as they are completing their work with flying colors and effectively communicating with the team?
If you are currently considering allowing your employees to work remotely, here are five reasons Phone.com just makes sense for you and your business.
1. Flexible Call Routing - You can route calls to a device, our Communicator soft phone, or your cell phone or landline number. You can literally route your callers anywhere you might be working and change it on the fly through our easy-to-use control panel.
2. No More Expensive Devices - While you can still get a fantastic, HD desk phone from Phone.com, you no longer have to be tethered to that phone like a ball and chain. Phone.com Communicator can be installed on your laptop so you can speak with callers anywhere you have an Internet connection.
3. Useful Mobile Apps - Our mobile apps for iPhone and Android let you access your voicemail, view your call logs, and send and receive SMS anywhere.
4. Easy Extension Dial - Everyone on our system is simply an extension away from one another. Where Paul traditionally might pick up the phone and call Lucy in the next room at extension 522, now Paul, located in California can dial Lucy, located in Florida simply by dialing 522.
5. Enhance Your Professional Image - You’re probably thinking that your company’s image will suffer as a result of this. Wrong! With customizable menus and greetings, your brand will be enhanced, not sacrificed—regardless of where your employees work.
The beauty of working remotely with Phone.com is that you gain an amazing phone system at a fraction of the cost, and you gain an excited, engaged team that has the flexibility to work anywhere they darn well please! I have merely scratched the surface of the benefits. You’ll have to give Phone.com a try and read Remote to learn about the rest!